CLEMENS Law Firm provides specialist legal advice to housing organizations, municipalities and private individuals about social housing.
More than 20% of all homes in Denmark are social housing. Thus, they constitute a significant share of the total housing market.
Social housing is built with support from the public sector, and thus both construction and operation are subject to public laws and regulations.
The rules and regulations of social housing are comprehensive, complex and constantly changing. This entails an increased need for detailed and specialised legal knowledge as well as a thorough practical experience with regard to the challenges that housing organizations, municipalities and private individuals face on a daily basis.
With many years of experience as consultants for social housing organizations and administrative organizations, we have the necessary competence to handle all the legal issues that arise in connection with social housing.
With a team of specialized lawyers with deep insight into this field, we have a very special understanding of and professional knowledge of the social housing sector.
We strive to be the preferred advisor and we provide comprehensive advice to social housing organizations throughout Denmark. Our services include:
- Organizational relations, resident democracy, secondary activities, subsidies, mergers and demerges of organizations and departments, liquidation of organizations and departments, etc.
- Tenant’s right of disposal, tenant’s right of installation, landlord’s access to the leased property, tenant’s maintenance obligation, transfer of tenant’s right of use, etc.
- Termination, cancellation and eviction due to non-payment of rent, neglect, violations of house rules and incorrect use of the rented property, etc.
- Arrears debt collection in connection with tenants moving out
- Various tenancy law issues – including drafting of lease agreements in connection with service areas and other renting activities
- Drafting of transfer agreements and land purchase agreements as well as other assistance in connection with the acquisition and sale of real estate – including due diligence in the form of legal review of the property’s documents
- Public procurement and construction law advice – including general conditions, framework agreements, construction and consultancy contracts, etc. – in connection with building and construction projects, including major renovation projects
- Project management/consultancy and optimization of work procedures/processes concerning implementation of projects
- Project cooperation agreements / partnerships and public-private partnerships (PPP)
- Flaws and deficiencies in real estate as well as expert opinions and court and arbitration cases related thereto
- Employment law issues
- IT contracts in connection with digitization projects
- Data protection legislation