Mergers and acquisitions: Sale or purchase of a business is a complicated process, which consists of many other elements than making the decision and completing the transaction. The majority of successful transfers is the result of long-term processes with seller as well as buyer.
The seller side will have to carry out a sales promotion process in the period prior to the transfer, and the implementation of the transfer will often require structural changes and revision of a number of legal documents on the buyer side.
Are you faced with a merger or acquisition?
CLEMENS assists Danish as well as foreign businesses in connection with preparation and implementation of business transfers within a wide range of industries. We emphasise the combination of the broad overview with the profound understanding of the complex issues that must be handled regardless of the size of the transfer.
In addition, we focus on incorporating commercial understanding into the process, which helps to ensure the most flexible and efficient process.
Whether we advise the buyer or the seller in a transaction, we focus heavily on the relevant issues and challenges that must be addressed before, during and after the transaction.
CLEMENS advises among other things on the following topics:
- Preparation of the company for sale and choice of transaction structure
- Set-up and handling of data room
- Due diligence investigations
- Negotiation and preparation of LOIs and NDAs
- Negotiation and preparation of transaction documents
- Handling of employee relations
- Planning of future corporate structure
- Negotiation and preparation of shareholders’ agreement
- Final execution of the transaction
- Sparring in relation to implementation into the buyer’s group
- Legal advice of a more general nature, including rights and obligations under the Danish Act on Transfer of Undertakings, the Danish Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), etc.