Tommy Angermair is the head of Clemens’ Law Firm employment, corporate immigration and data protection law practice.
Tommy advises on all aspects of both contentious and non-contentious employment law matters but has the following special areas of expertise:
- Employment matters in multinational companies
- Personal data protection (employee data)
- Advising CEOs and other executives before, during and upon termination of employment
- Bonus, share based remuneration and other incentive compensation schemes
- Restructuring measures (collective redundancies and employee relocations)
- Employment law aspects of M&A, outsourcing and other national or international transactions
- Protecting employers against employee post-termination activities
He is also specialized in corporate Immigration law and advises on the following matters in particular:
- Assistance with work permits,
- business visas for inbound personnel,
- advising high net worth individuals on access to Denmark
Finally, he is one of the most experienced specialists in personal data protection law which he has been specialized in since 2004, in particular with regard to advice on handling employee personal data in general and international compliance projects.
Tommy is a trusted advisor for several Danish and in particular major multinational companies. Tommy has a strong network of legal professionals in different leading international law firms in all significant jurisdictions which is available to our clients.
Tommy Angermair is recommended in various international lawyer directories and most recently he received the following recommendations:
Legal 500 EMEA Employment (2016):
“Kirk Larsen & Ascanius’ excellent team is led by the ‘result-oriented’ Tommy Angermair.”
Chambers Europe Employment (2016):
Tommy was recommended as one of 3 “Up and Coming” employment law specialists in Denmark with the following words:
“In the words of clients, Tommy Angermair of Kirk Larsen & Ascanius is a “pure expert when it comes to employment law.” He advises employers on restructurings, remuneration and incentive schemes, personal data and matters related to M&A.”
Tommy is highly engaged in international work and is a member of a number of international lawyer associations including the European Employment Lawyers’ Association (EELA), the American Immigration Lawyers’ Association (AILA), the International Bar Organization (IBA) and VISALAW International.
Tommy has contributed to several international legal publications. Among others he has authored the Danish chapter in the 2014, 2015 and 2016 editions of the global Employment Law Review (which several leading law firms in roughly 50 jurisdictions have contributed to). Furthermore, he is the Danish contributor to the 2016 edition of the Labour & Employment Annual Review by Financier Worldwide. Recently, he also co-authored an article for the IBA Employment Law newsletter on “Dismissal on grounds of employee social media comments”.
Tommy is a frequent speaker at international legal conferences. Among others he annually speaks at the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) Annual Global Conference in various US locations on topics related to immigration and mobility. Furthermore, he was a speaker at the IBA Global Immigration & Nationality Law conference in London in November 2015.
Tommy has written the Danish Chapter in the 9thedition of The Employment Law Review 2019 and the Danish chapter in both the 6th and the 7th edition of The Privacy, Data Protection and Cybersecurity Review 2020 (page 166-183)
- Scandinavian languages
- Education: M. sc. (Law) 2004. University of Aarhus
- Previously worked at: Bird & Bird (2004-2007), Kromann Reumert (2007 – 2013) and Kirk Larsen & Ascanius (2013-2016)